Customer satisfaction is our prime motive. If you are not completely satisfied with an eligible item that you purchased from our online store, you may return it following the outlined policy below to be considered for refund back to the initial form of payment or exchange for another item. All phone, internet or in-store purchases acknowledge acceptance and are bound by the terms of our return policy stated below.
How to Return or Exchange a Purchase
Before sending your product(s) back, you MUST Request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) through our online RMA Request Form. Once you have submitted the RMA request form, you will receive an email with an RMA for any qualified returns/exchanges. Once you have received the RMA# and address, you should return your purchase clearly labeled with the appropriate RMA#. The returned merchandise must be received within 30 days of purchase of original item with the proper RMA#. Items received after 30 days or without appropriate RMA# will be returned at customer's expense.
Receiving an RMA number is simply an authorization to send items back to us to be inspected for return or replacement. Items must be returned in like-new condition in the original packaging, otherwise they will not be considered for return and will be held or returned at the customer's expense.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all items that are purchased from Platinum CCTV, following the general terms and conditions will be specific exceptions that will change the return policy for the return of several specific items.
- All approved items MUST be returned in like-new condition in the original packaging (no exceptions)
Computer Software and Video DVDs are non-returnable once opened except in exchange for the same title if defective
Any items that are special ordered from a manufacturer for your order are not returnable for credit. These items can only be exchanged for the same item if found defective due to a defect in materials or workmanship of the manufacturer.
- Any items received without original packaging or not in like-new condition will not be accepted as a return.
Any returned items will be charged a 15% restocking fee before credits or exchanges are applied (Cameras with a built in DVR and SD Card like the ALC-DVR32, TD-DVR32 and ALM-DVRs have a restocking fee of 30%)
SD Cards are not returnable for any reason once purchased. Any returns received with an SD card will not be processed for credit. If returning any SD Card DVR Nanny or Spy Cameras, remove the SD Card prior to sending them back.
Returns for qualifying orders that were paid for with a check, cash or money order can only be refunded with in-store credit
Orders that are unable to be delivered due to an inappropriate or incomplete address being provided by the customer at time of purchase, which are returned by the courier to our facility can be reshipped at the customer's expense, or can optionally be processed as a standard return (provided the materials are received back in like-new condition, unopened and within the 30 day return period).
- Items received with physical damage of any kind will not be accepted for return or exchange. These items can be shipped back at customer's request with pre-payment of shipping charges.
- Shipping Charges are non-refundable for any reason. The customer is responsible for all return shipping charges
- If the item being returned was purchased during a Free-Shipping promotion, the cost of shipping will be deducted from the refund before credit is issued.
- If you wish to exchange your purchase, then please indicate which product you are interested in exchanging for while filling out the RMA Request form online.
- If the item is being returned for credit, please allow 14-30 days for processing of the credit back to your initial form of payment.
- RMA Forms partially filled in or without a detailed description of the problem are subject to rejection.
- Platinum CCTV is not responsible for any damages sustained during transit, and any damages will void the manufacturer's warranty. It is recommended that you use an insured method of transporting your returns.
- A copy of the original invoice/packing slip must be included with any items being returned.
- Warrantys are void if the factory seal is broken. No exceptions.
- There will be no returns on any cables, bulk spools of cable and any cabling adapters, cabling tools and/or fittings.
Products with physical blemishes from manufacturing or shipping, color variance or other customer preferences are acceptable as a return with restocking fee, same as other returns.
Return Policy terms and conditions may change at any time without notice.
The following exceptions for special items will override our return policy for the mentioned items only
- Any Cameras with Built-In DVR Recorders are subject to 30% restocking fee if returned for credit or exchange. All video MUST be cleared from these items prior to return.
- Video DVDs and Computer Software cannot be returned once opened.
- Any opened/used items with batteries will be charged an additional charge for replacement of the batteries to return the items to new condition.
- Arecont Vision MegaPixel IP Cameras and accessories are not returnable for credit. These items can only be exchanged for the same exact model if defective during the 30 day period. After 30 days, items must be returned to the manufacturer for warranty service.
- Any Alnet NETCAM products cannot be returned for credit. These items can be exchanged for identical products only, if defective. This is due to manufacturer software licensing fees and policies. Once issued, your license cannot be cancelled or resold due to the manufacturer's policies. Please check compatibility of your IP camera models with the manufacturer prior to purchase.
- Alnet DVR Cards require USB Dongle license programming at the time the order is fulfilled. This is a non-refundable charge that varies depending on the type of DVR Card purchased. Programming charges are paid directly to Alnet Systems Inc at time of purchase, so will be deducted from any credit or exchange. Alnet DVR Card Non-Refundable Programming Fee Chart
- Custom-Built PCs are hand-assembled at the time of order and are custom-built for that particular system. The components of the PCs are warranted only through the PC Component manufacturer. Custom-Built PCs are subject to a limited 14 day return/exchange policy. PCs can be returned only with an RMA issued within 14 days of the order and only if the PC is unopened/unused.
This returns policy may be amended or changed at any time without notice